The summer continues and so does barbecue season! Luckily, that means looots of cooking in the sun. We’ve collected our best tips and tricks for how to throw the perfect barbecue dinner below, while we’re also serving up some inspiration for getting creative with a few new (meat-free) barbecue dishes at your next cookout.
Amongst others, we’re saying aloha to this platter of summer goodness, which invites you to make the most of the season's vegetables and some deliciously grilled paneer skewers with a mango- and cucumber salsa on the side!
While you can definitely come a long way with a well-prepped menu, it's often the small things that make all the difference. That's why we've put together a few easy tips that will make your barbecue dinner party really stand out.
01. Add some spice to the table setting! Make the place cards a little more decorative by writing your guests’ names on apricots or pomegranates with a paint pen.
02. No food without drinks. Be a little unconventional and make a bowl of watermelon mocktails for tonight's welcome. Tip: Serve it in a hollowed-out watermelon for a rustic look!
03. And a simple food hack for the above tip? Freeze different fruits and use in place of ice cubes in the pitcher (or hollowed-out watermelon). It both looks and tastes good!
04. If the mocktails won't cut it, go for a wine pairing. You need those antioxidants after all (aaand, the ones with the highest levels of antioxidants are: Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Madirans. Cheers!)
05. Want to make sure your guests will never forget your barbecue dinner party? Give them a gift to take home. And no, we're not talking about those burned out coals... or sausages for that matter. Get some grill clips that keep your veggies in line, some heat-resistant gloves, an automatic grill cleaning robot, or...